|Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2014/2015|
The Irish Research Council has opened the 2014 call for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (including associated strategic partner scholarships) and the Enterprise Partnership Scholarship Scheme. The Terms and Conditions for the schemes are available for download at the bottom of this page.
The Council funds excellent researchers across all disciplines and encourages interdisciplinary research and engagement with enterprise. The Council facilitates the career development of researchers by funding those at an early stage of their research career to associate with established research teams who have achieved international recognition for their work. The Council aims to support an expertise-driven research system in order to enhance Ireland’s innovation capacity and skills base in a rapidly changing global environment where knowledge is key to economic, social and cultural development. The Council is further committed to facilitating the integration of Irish researchers in all disciplines within the European Research Area.
Description of scholarships
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship
Intended to support suitably qualified Research Master’s and Doctoral candidates pursuing or intending to pursue full-time research in any discipline, based in an Irish HEI.
A number of other national organisations partner with the Council and support the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship scheme as a mechanism to deliver on our shared national objectives. Our strategic funding partners for 2014 include:
- the Conflict Resolution Unit of the Department of Foreign Affairs, in partnership with the Council, will fund research to examine areas relevant to the work of the Conflict Resolution Unit
- the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, in partnership with the Council, will fund research to examine how to enhance teaching and learning across the entire Higher Education sector
- Science Foundation Ireland (SFI), in partnership with the Council, will fund research to further enhance Ireland’s science awareness/outreach activities in science, technology, engineering and mathematics at primary and secondary education level as well as enhancing the Irish public awareness of the sciences
Enterprise Partnership Postgraduate Scholarship
An innovative initiative where the Council links with an Enterprise Partner to award co-funded Postgraduate Scholarships to highly promising researchers in Ireland. By working closely with an Enterprise Partner, researchers benefit from an enhanced research experience as well as having the opportunity to learn key transferable skills relevant to career formation.
Applications will only be accepted through the electronic submission system, which will be launched in due course. A “Guidelines for Applicants” document will be posted below once the online system opens. In advance of the e-system, and as an aid to preparing an application, an indicative word document version of the application form is provided below. Academic Supervisor, Referee and (where relevant) Enterprise Mentor forms will be available in due course.
All electronic applications must be submitted via the e-system according to the deadlines listed below.
29th November 2013
16.00 (GMT) 21st January 2014
16.00 (GMT) 28th January 2014
Referee/Academic Supervisor/Enterprise Mentor (where relevant) Deadline
16.00 (GMT) 04th February 2014
Research Office Endorsement Deadline
16.00 (GMT) 11th February 2014
Outcome of Scheme
- The Terms and Conditions document is available for download at the bottom of this page. An Irish version of Terms and Conditions will be posted below in due course.
- In the first instance, all queries should be directed to the Research Office (i.e. the office of the Vice-President/Dean of Research/Head of Development as applicable) in your proposed institution. The Research Office will be able to provide information and clarification on the call.
- Queries not addressed in the terms and conditions or guide for applicants will be addressed using an online Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) system. The FAQ system will open with the online system. Research Offices may send any queries they are unable to clarify to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘GOI/EPS 2014 FAQ’. A set of FAQs will then be posted below.
- For reasons of transparency and fairness, the Council will not enter into individual written or telephone correspondence. All queries must be submitted through the FAQ process. In particular, the secretariat will not enter into one-to-one discussion or correspondence with individual applicants, either before or after the call deadline. Please do not telephone the office about the application process.
|Postgraduate Scholarship Terms and Conditions 2014|
|Postgraduate 2014 Indicative Postgraduate Application Form|